We are Quotidian
This is our Mission Statement
Quotidian – Word on the Street Limited is a not-for-profit company which is limited by guarantee.
It is an innovative creative arts production company that aims to enhance civic space and civic experience and to contribute to peace, reconciliation and public discourse, through literature, to benefit individuals and communities. The motivation for developing the project is to change the message. All our ideas will be developed so as to be sharable and replicable in other urban contexts.
- We want to create innovative ways of using literature to amplify life-affirming messages – that life can be better, that people can change the discourse and attitudes, and thus the lived experience of individuals and communities.
- We aim to create a narrative for the North of Ireland that says we are more, bigger and better.
- We want to pull poetry from a silo and put it to work, for the good of everyone.
- We want to create the opportunity to encounter poetry in surprising ways and unexpected places.
- We want to experiment with ways to make literature, particularly poetry, accessible in public spaces.
- We want to share and create ideas, which are replicable.
- We want to be part of enhancing the sense that the city is a gallery; that each poetry and the city augment the animation of the other; that rejuvenation of poetry runs hand in hand with the rejuvenation of urban space.
- We want to celebrate the wonderful fact that Ireland punches above its weight in poetry, and within that, Northern Ireland has a particular elevation and work with other agencies, such as urban planners, and those engaged with determining the public infrastructure, to experiment with embedding that aspect of our shared heritage in explicit, playful, innovative and exciting ways.
- We want to bring an element of surprise and joy to people in urban landscapes, in unexpected and playful ways to un-expectant people, so that language and literature is where it belongs: everywhere, and for everybody.